I can’t believe another year as passed. This time, last year, my blog was only a few months old. I was a very different person to who I am now, maybe a little more hopefully and naive. I thought I might do a summary of everything that happened in the last year – personal, anime and blog related.
- I suffered through a semester of Sociology, and every Tuesday afternoon had to listen to some crazy student say the most vile things about different minority groups. I argued back with him a few times, but honestly it wasn’t worst the effort.
- My group of University friends ended up breaking apart, and I only talk to 2 of them now, because of one girl’s stupidity.
- I had a massive break down for about 2 weeks when my University admin screwed up my graduation documents and said I couldn’t graduate.
- My GPA got screwed up because I had changed degrees, my GPA reset and was based on that one sociology subject. Instead of having a perfect GPA of 4/4, my GPA was 3.5/4. I worked so hard during university, and then I’m left with a GPA like that, because of some stupid admin rule.
- I joined OK Cupid and got a bunch of creepy awful messages, including one guy saying that I was a ‘feminist bitch’ and another guy who made a fake account to harass me after I stopped replying to his messages
- I went on 2 dates and they were not the best – first guy made me pay for everything (I don’t mind paying for my share, but his!?) and the other guy was 1.5 hours late.
- I graduated University!
- I went to South Korea and Europe – I had to work 2 jobs to save up all the money and work my ass off for a scholarship, but I did it!
- While in Korea I met a really lovely girl who I consider one of my best friends
- A random thing – but my male co-worker was getting 3 times as many hours as I was. I was really proud of myself that I pointed it out to my boss, and from then on hours and pay became more equal
- I got my lovely kitten, Merry!
- I started my dream of writing a novel, I’m at nearly 45,000 words! Even if I don’t publish it, it’s something I will always be proud of
- I got accepted to two universities for masters, one is considered my country’s top University. But I’ll be going to the other one, since the fees are too high ;_;
- I found an apartment in Melbourne to live in!
I am so happy to be part of ‘OWLS’, I’ll be joining their blog tour in Feb, but for January please keep a look out for all the wonderful posts which will be going out! The theme is ‘Disruptors’. You can find out the information on the upcoming posts below, so please check out those posts! To find out more on OWLS, and to join please click here.
We are a group of otaku bloggers who promotes acceptance of all individuals regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and disability. We emphasize the importance of respect, kindness, and tolerance to every human being.
Mid way through the year I realised I really did enjoy writing posts about food and travel. However they didn’t really fit into this blog, and the direction I wanted to take KuroSamaReviews. I also happened to have another cat, so I decided to create a seperate travel blog dedicated to her. You can check it out over here! I try to keep it updated pretty regularly, but it depends on whether I’m feeling up to getting out of the house.
- I hit over 200 WP followers – thank you!
- Best views was 259 on December 28
- Managed to write 13 blog posts all released on Halloween!
- Best month was December, were I had over 2500 visitors
- I had a truly amazing time working with Loot Crate on ‘My Dream Loot Crate’ post
Plans for 2017
- I’m going to try to write at least 3 blog posts per week
- Continue my guide to Boys Love, I really enjoyed writing these posts but kept forgetting to write new ones! I want to write a post on Shounen Ai manga, Yaoi, and then maybe continue doing manga and anime reviews on BL series.
- Keep going with my Otome reviews, I really got into Otome games this year, so I’m hoping I’ll continue my walkthroughs and first impressions
If there’s anything you’d like to see on here, please comment below or vote on the poll on the right –>
Finally I just wanted to thank each and every one of you, my lovely readers. You’re comments and messages are what keeps me going. I’d also like to extend my heartfelt thanks to the following bloggers;
From motivating me to blog, to studying Japanese to just being there to chat – I really appreciate each and everyone of you. Thank you for being such amazing people!
I hope you all have a truly wonderful 2017. Till next time~